Delapre Abbey is a mansion house located in Northamptonshire just south of Northampton town centre. Build in 1145 by the 2nd Earl of Northampton, Simon the son of Simon de Senlis. The Abbey’s grounds were the location of the War Of The Roses battle – a 32 civil war over the English throne. Various ownerships of the Abbey since its inception have included the War Office during WWII. Current ownership since 2018 is the Friends of Delapre Abbey. Parts of the Abbey ae open to public including a museum, walled garden, tea room, orangery restaurant and the grounds that provide walks.